Monday, January 07, 2008

quotable (or not so much but I'll do it anyway)

So, this is a place that I'm keeping a record for myself as well as updating family and any of the rest of you voyeurs. I know, I know, it isn't really voyeurism if I'm asking for it. Blogs are just a whole new thing. And while I'm on the topic, I'm just AMAZED at the blogging communities out there. Mom blogs. Dad blogs. Foodie blogs. News blogs. Knitting blogs (I haven't looked at this, just guessing). I can waste HOURS of my precious evenings jumping from blog to blog to blog.

Anyway, this post isn't suppose to be about how I waste my days but rather about Lucas's growing communication skills. Here's the lovely boy in the flesh. Well, actually it is a virtual photo which let me tell you really doesn't communicate the extent of his charisma.


So, for my own sake, I'd like to record some of what Lucas has wanted to talk about lately.
Today he told me, "My name Asher. Me became Asher." We've been trying to teach him his full name. Today he decided for 2 minutes to go by his middle name. If he wants to down the road, I'm fine with that. I wanted his first name to be Asher anyway. However, after 2 minute of calling him Asher I realized that it is much easier to say Lucas over and over again.

Related to potty training:
"Poo poo come out this hole. Pee pee come out this one." I'm so glad we've got a smart kid who can figure these things out.

Coming into our bedroom in the morning:
"Mommy! Get up! Cuz me awake!"

"Me have some daddy milk?" a request made one night when we told him he was too big for mommy milk. "Me get milk out of your belly?" a request made to Jeff on another night when I reprimanded Wren for attempting to suck milk out of my belly.

"No. Don't do that. That not nice. That not fair." When I take something away from him that he shouldn't be playing with or, as in the case of this morning, when I threw his shirt to him instead of handing it to him. "No throw it. Hand it to me."

And the constant refrain since he learned I can't eat wheat: "you not like wheat mama?" "Dada like wheat?" which then moves onto other food topics "You like chocolate chips mama?" "yeah" "Me like chocolate chips?" "yeah" (the yeahs are Lucas answering his own question). "Towey (Chloe) like chocolate chips?" "yeah" No I don't think Chloe likes chocolate. "Towey like meat!" Yeah, Chloe likes meat. "You like chocolate chips mama?" "Wren like chocolate chips?" And so it goes for hours, and hours...

The other night he was having a great time in the bathtub. I walked into the bathroom (Jeff bathes the kids) and he looked at me and said, "Mommy. Get in bathtub. Take your clothes off!" Which wasn't nearly as bad as the morning when he walked into the bedroom as I was putting my bra on and told me, "No! Take that off. Me wanna see those!" Oh my.

It only gets more elaborate from here, I am sure. Since already we are hearing stories about some orange cow that wanders into his bedroom, spent a month closing his bedroom doors so "no dinosaurs come in," and always have animals outside when we leave the house in the dark (which doesn't seem to bother him but disturbs me everytime he says it).

1 comment:

elnellis said...

lucas is hilarious! wish he would talk when i'm around. maybe i will have to think up a good conversation starter.
ruthie