Monday, July 14, 2008

sweet sweet summer

I wish I could remember the dozen amazing things my children say each day. Every day Lucas makes me laugh with the humor and unintentional wisdom of his words. Wren is just utterly delighting in having oh so many words. My chatty girl. I could hold her in my lap and smell her white blond hair all day. On this long, over brilliant blue-green days of summer I can think of nothing better than passing slow hours with my children at the wading pool, on the beach, in the sand. I have only one more paper to write for summer classes and I am so glad because I've already had such a taste of joy this week in slowing down a bit more just to be...to be with my family, with myself.

Here are the people I love spending my days with...


That's Lucas's granddaddy there making a guest appearance. And that little boy with the squished up face would be you-know-who. Anyone know a good trick to actually getting a 3 yr old to smile nicely?

1 comment:

Jack and Alex Manning said...

That's EXACTLY the face Jack makes when asked to smile for the camera. How bizarre is the world of the three and almost three year old...
We're back in Seattle tomorrow night, looking forward to seeing you and yours :).